We regularly run a number of groups with a focus on social connection and movement. If you would like to attend any of these events, or find out more, please contact Marrit on 03 544 7264, or email: email@example.com.
Tea and Talk
Tea and Talk – it is what it says! Anyone is welcome to come along to these – a simple socialising opportunity with morning tea, the chance to meet others, and hear from occasional guest speakers and entertainers. We have five of these sessions in the region. All sessions run from 10am – 11.30am and cost $3. See below for times and locations:
- Richmond in the Age Concern Hall, 62 Oxford Street, Richmond, Every Wednesday
- Victory at the Victory Community Centre, 1 Totara Street, Nelson, Every Monday
- Nelson at the Elma Turner Library, 27 Halifax Street, Nelson, Every Friday
- Motueka at the Gateway Housing Trust, 24A Tudor Street, Motueka, Every Wednesday
- Golden Bay in Anglican Parish Hall, 42 Commercial Street, Takaka, Second Wednesday of Every Month.
Sing Yourself Well
If you enjoy singing or being around people who are singing then come along to our weekly singing session in the Age Concern Hall. You don’t have to be an experienced or confident singer, just enjoy the experience and benefits of singing. Sessions are run by Ruth Collingham, who has a real passion and joy for singing and wants to share this with her community. The Sing Yourself Well session are designed to be relaxed and lots of fun for singers and non-singers of all abilities with an emphasis on wellbeing.
The session runs Every Tuesday from 10am to 11.30am in the Age Concern Hall, 62 Oxford Street, Richmond. The cost is $3
SpinPoi is a gentle movement session using Poi. SpinPoi has been scientifically proven to improve older people’s grip strength, balance and ability to sustain attention as well as being great fun.
SpinPoi sessions are held in the Age Concern Hall, 62 Oxford Street, Richmond and cost is $3. Session times are:
- Tuesdays, Intermediate SpinPoi, 1-2pm
- Thursdays, Introductory SpinPoi, 1-2pm
Move Good Now
Rhythm and coordination are just some of the therapeutic gains we explore in this class. A range of moves and exercises are covered to improve movement, control and balance.
This session runs weekly on Thursdays from 10-11am in the Age Concern Hall, 62 Oxford Street, Richmond. Cost is $3.